Before you can borrow ToolBank tools, you must first become a ToolBank member agency by completing our brief online membership application. Here are 5 Easy Steps to Using Your ToolBank (PDF download). There is no membership fee to become a ToolBank member. Only not-for-profit organizations are eligible for a ToolBank membership, such as:
- Nonprofit/charitable/tax exempt organizations
- Veterans groups
- Schools and PTAs/PTOs
- Neighborhood associations
- Faith-based groups
- Civic organizations
- Government agencies
A 501(c)3 tax exempt determination letter is not a requirement for ToolBank membership.
Click here to learn more about Membership Eligibility. This document covers our eligibility policy, acceptable forms of documentation, and provides answers to our most frequently asked questions about applying for a ToolBank membership.
Click here to review our Membership Agreement. You will be asked to sign a hard copy of this document at the time of your first tool pickup.
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- Please be prepared to upload documentation of your not-for-profit status while applying. This serves as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools. Please refer to the Membership Eligibility FAQ to view acceptable forms of documentation.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode. Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password! The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which is how you will order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your not-for-profit status handy, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your membership application. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Zoya Kumar, Executive Director, at 503-810-8466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete applications are usually approved in less than 24 hours. Once your application is approved, your agency is immediately eligible to borrow tools. Members can submit a tool order at any time by clicking the ‘Order Tools’ button to the right. It’s fast and easy, and ToolBank staff will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your order and pickup appointment.