Friends of the Portland Community ToolBank
Monthly donations reduce administrative costs and help build better communities.
A small gift each month helps Portland Community ToolBank spend less money on administrative costs and spend more money on the Tool Lending Program. It is an easy and affordable way for individuals to make their support go further while effectively helping us to build better communities.
The Tool Lending Program generates 5-7% of total annual revenue which means we consistently need to fundraise to be a viable and lasting resource for the charitable sector.
With your help, we can place high-quality tools (ladders, drills, wheelbarrows, saws, hoes, shovels, etc.) and equipment in the hands of the volunteers who are painting schools; building ramps for injured veterans and the disabled; repairing seniors’ roofs; landscaping public spaces; cleaning beaches, river, streams, estuaries, and streets; preserving historic landmarks; and more−−guaranteeing that every volunteer is equipped with the tools they need to get the job done.
The ToolBank amplifies our partners’ work to strengthen and celebrate our shared community.
Benefits of monthly giving:
- Monthly gifts help us to achieve our mission
- Ability to increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge whenever you wish
- Donor status, as part of a select group of caring individuals who are helping to build better communities
- An annual statement to assist in tax preparation
Monthly gifts provide ToolBank:
- Ability to procure critical tools and equipment for community projects – tools that we don’t have in inventory or don’t have enough of
- Lower administrative costs than other fundraising methods
- Steady and predictable source of income to enhance and expand our program